Wednesday, November 27, 2013

minden's first birthday party

Get ready for an overload of pictures. You have been warned (in the voice of Danny DeVito from "The Lorax").

Well over a month and half ago, we celebrated Minden's first year of life with our family and close friends. Since she doesn't offer a lot of insight yet on themes for her party, I decided to go with with a Fall theme. Since she is my little October pumpkin.
Her cake was made locally. The top cupcake was marble as well as the bottom layer. The middle layer was apple flavored. Although my Grandfather thought it was fake, it was still delicious.
I kept it pretty simple with decorations. Pink and pumpkins.I had another hay bail, but my Dad's farm cats decided to make a nest out of it in the garage.
Above the gift table I hung all of her month to month pictures. I am so happy I made a point to take those. It's so fun to look back at them.
On the tables I did mason jars with flowers and pumpkins. You can't really see it, but in the bottom those are little orange acorns. A good friend of mine in Iowa City used those when she threw my baby shower just two weeks before Minden was born.


She was spoiled with so many great gifts. We are still having fun playing with them.
She loves to share her food with us. Below is a series of pictures showing just that.



And one final picture with her God parents.
It was a great night with great people. Minden is so lucky to be surrounded by so much love.

I've said it a million times, but I have no idea where that last year went. I remember the long nights, and inconsolable days too. I remember thinking those tough moments would go on forever. Becoming a mom has stretched me, and made me a better person. It's shown me a love that I never new was possible. She has made me a better person. So here's to another year of love, happiness and growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment