Thursday, December 26, 2013

christmas with minden

Last year Christmas was hard for me. I had to return to work from maternity leave for one day of work before heading home for the holidays. I remember tearing up all day long as people would as me about Minden. With all the added stress of traveling with a baby, and having to drive back on Christmas day to work the next day; I just kept thinking about how nice it will be to wake up in our own house on Christmas morning. 

We always do Christmas Eve with Nate's family. Last year Minden was having a rough evening, and I spent most of my evening in a bedroom with her rocking her and nursing. I kept imagining what fun she would be the next year. 



Unfortunately, teething had other plans for Minden this Christmas Eve. The poor little lady was running a fever all day, and spent all of it either rocking with Nate and I. Three "eye" teeth coming in all at once. We loaded her up and still headed out, but she just wasn't in the mood for present opening. Thankfully her fever broke during the night, and she was in a much better mood Christmas morning. 


Nate and I got to enjoy our first night waking up in our own bed on Christmas in over some ten odd years. It was so nice. Minden woke up around 6:30 am and we headed out as a family to see if Santa came. We took our time enjoy a few new toys around the house, while cinnamon rolls baked in the oven.


Minden still did not have much of an appetite, so after four pieces of her roll went to Cooper we opted for applesauce for her instead. We spent the afternoon with both of our families, and made it home in time for bed.

We thought Minden might be walking by Christmas, but her fever seemed to slow her down a little. She will take about three to four steps before falling down. I have a feeling she will be taking off here soon.


We had a nice little Christmas together, and we hope you all did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment