Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holiday Cheer

I cannot believe another year, not to mention a decade is about to end. When I think about the decade it cannot believe how much has happened, and how quickly time pasts. I went from middle school, to high school, and on to college. During those years I got my license, my first car, my first boyfriend, my older brother and sister married their spouses, an adorable niece and nephew, and met the love of my life. During these years things were also lost. There were plenty of heartaches and times when life just seemed totally and completely unfair. It's true to say though, that I could not be anymore lucky or blessed to have such a great family and friends.

2009-- What a great year. I graduated from the University of Iowa. It is still hard to believe that I am a U of I alumni. I got a job working for an amazing person. I really do not think I could have found a better person to work for while Nate and I are here in Davenport. She is helping me learn so much, that will help benefit Nate and I after he graduates from Palmer. I got ENGAGED! And might I mention to the most amazing man I have ever met. I truly believe we were meant for each other, and we have had a lot of fun this past year planning our wedding and talking about where we would like to end up.

I know everything in life is not easy and care free. I probably worry more than anyone could think is humnaly possible. But, when I think about all the great things that have happened in the last year, and even the last decade I get really excited for the next ten years ahead of us. We will start Nate's business, hopefully buy a house, and start our family. I am truly grateful for all of our family and friends, and look foward to another new year with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment