Wednesday, April 18, 2012

a positive sign

The cat is out of the bag. Nate and I are going to be parents, and Cooper is set to be a big brother. I am in my twelfth week and Baby Lueth is due around November 1st. We are super excited (and I'm slightly nervous) about adding to our family.

We found out on February 26th. I thought for sure I was about to start my monthly cycle, but when I woke up at 5:30 am and had to pee I thought why not take a test and see. Sure enough it turned positive almost immediately. I was torn between pulling my pants up and running as fast as I could into the bedroom to tell Nate. He says he thought something was wrong as I was shouting "Nate! Nate! We are going to be parents!". I wish I could have told him in some really sweet and thoughtful way, but there was no way I could keep that secret all to myself.

The past 12 weeks have been...something else. Nate told me he feels like a single guy again. He cooks and he cleans while I sleep and throw-up. When we first found out I wished and hoped I wouldn't get morning sickness, but unfortunately that has not been the case. It has been pretty constant morning, afternoon, and night sickness. Taking the bus to work is the worst! There were a few really bad days there were I told Nate I don't know how any woman does this more than once. I am sure I will understand once our little bundle is here and in my arms. The past couple of days have been a little better, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope I am not jinxing myself.

A little side note. We had something with buffalo sauce in it one night towards the beginning of my pregnancy, and I haven't been able to think about it since with out getting sick (even as I type). Well, Nate continued to use the sauce on other things he was eating and I kept telling him how sick it made me. Finally, I hid the bottled. I shoved in the back of the other condiments, and I was much happier for not having to see it whenever I opened the fridge. Well, last night I sat down with my husband to eat grilled chicken and what do you know? Nate has covered his chicken with that darn buffalo sauce that I apparently didn't hide well enough. I begged him to quit using it, and this morning he was so kind as to throw it out. :)

I am hoping to keep updating the blog with these stories frequently so I can remember all of the little things. I will come back soon and share how we told our family, our first appointment, and most importantly how Coop is taking it all.


Sorry there are no pictures this time!

1 comment:

  1. What's with our husbands? Jake does that too...eating horribly smelly hot sauce on everything, even his corn! Do they think that it's really not that bad? Or, that we'll survive? I don't think they totally grasp just how awful smells can make us feel. sigh....

    Can't wait to read more stories!

    ReplyDelete