Saturday, December 8, 2012

2 months of Minden


Baby Minden,

Another entire month has flashed by right in front of me. Even though your arrival into our family is fairly recent it feels as if you have always been a part of our lives. I am loving every minute of being your mommy.

Nursing is going well. A huge high-five for that one little girl! You are tipping the scales at 12.2 lbs this morning, and you wear 0-3 month clothing also fitting into some 3 month clothing. It seems like something finally fits you and then a week later you have grown out of it already. You have been taking a daily bottle from your dad. You do pretty well with this, but most often prefer to finish nursing on the breast. Makes me feel special and needed.

We don't have much of a schedule yet. Just when I think we have one you with switch it up on me. Most nights however you lay down around 9 pm and will sleep pretty solid until 2 am. After that feeding you are more restless, but will keep drifting off until about 5:30 am or 6 am. You are still in bed with us, and I am not worried about it all. You sleep so much better there, and it makes nursing during the night 10 times easier. I was completely against co-sleeping before you arrived, now I say whatever works!

You have become more social these last few weeks. Giving me smiles and cooing at me. I love it! Especially since you have become more fussy in the evenings. There are times when I have tried every trick that I know to calm you and nothing seems to work. It always passes though. Hopefully you will grow out of that soon.

We are learning more about what you like. I know that when you are tired you like me to pat your back and rock at the same time. You love to nap on my chest like this. You are a light sleeper like your mother. Any little noise can wake you up. You used to sleep through Cooper's barking, but that doesn't happen any more.

I love getting to know you more each day. Your cheeks are getting chubbier and our hearts are getting fuller with love for you. Something I thought was impossible.

Keep growing little girl.

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment