Wednesday, May 29, 2013

memorial weekend

Whew! This past weekend flew by. The fun ones always do. We got to spend the weekend at home with family and friends.

This time we decided to try and leave around Minden's bedtime in hopes that she would sleep for the 3 plus hour drive. And she did! However the ride back involved a few tears and Cooper doing the hokey pokey. Whatever makes the baby happy, right?

We spent Friday night and Saturday morning at Nate's parent's house. We got to see most of his family, but missed a few of his nieces and nephews. Nate had a bachelor party Saturday afternoon/night for a wedding that he is in, so Minden and I headed to my parent's house to spend the night. We worked on cleaning out some of my things packed away in the closet upstairs. Minden was pretty happy with some of the toys we found.


Five trash bags later full of notes from high school, broken childhood toys, teeth (yes, for some reason I kept some of my teeth that were pulled before I got braces (what was I thinking?)) and we had only made a small dent in what needed to be done. My sinus' couldn't handle anymore of the dust, so we had to call it good for this trip.

That evening Grandpa Berger took his girls (Mom, Lisa, me and Minden) out for supper, and when got home Minden enjoyed a bath in the sink.


We spent the rest of the weekend catching up and playing cards with my family. Monday morning we headed to the cemetery to hear my Grandpa Berger's name called, and to see my uncle Gerald march.


Great uncle Michael and Grandpa Berger


Growing up I went to this service every year with my dad., so it was nice to be able to attend again this year with my little family.

We made one more final stop back at Grandma and Grandpa Lueth's house for lunch before we headed out. Nate's grandparents Ray and Alice came up, and it was so good to see them. We do look forward to being closer to our family someday.

We are settling back into our routine at home now. Minden is sleeping much better in her own crib, and Cooper is back backing out the deck door at anyone who dares to pass our home.

1 comment:

  1. I just can't get over how adorable that little lady is!!! :)I think it's really neat that you got to go to that Memorial Day service. That's a really nice tradition.

    ReplyDelete