Sunday, November 22, 2009

Busy Days

Nate cannot believe how long it has taken me write this second blog. I was so happy about starting it that I think he thought for sure I would be a daily blogger. The truth is, we have been incredibly busy. Where to begin?

Last Saturday, we made a trip to Iowa City to have a friend of mine here in Davenport take some pictures of us around Iowa's campus. Nate and I had a blast, and we cannot wait to see the pictures. It was a lot of fun to walk around and see a lot of the landmarks that we experienced together four years ago when we first met. We even took some pictures in front of the building that we first met. Not to mention Kinnick stadium, perhaps one of our most favorite places. I am sure that we will love them!

That evening we went to see Dane Cook. Our tickets were for the 23rd row on the floor. When we arrived it was packed! There line was out the door. When it comes to knowing directions, I definitely am I the one who has a better sense of it. So after Nate "took the scenic way" to the iwireless center, I was definitely ready to get inside and get settled. After finally making it to the front of the line, the lady told us that we had to go talk to the ticket office. Our seats had been relocated! We ended up only being 11 rows from the stage. It was a lot of fun, and Nate and I always enjoy a good laugh.

The week is usually busy for both Nate and I. Nate is finally in the Clinic, so he has appointments and I work until 6pm. My work is currently relocating to join another clinic, so my boss and I have been busy making arrangements for that.

This Thursday Nate and I made it out to meet up with my boss, her husband, and a couple from Palmer that are graduating and moving away. Then Friday night, we had tickets to see another comedian here in town, Jon Lajoie. We went with another couple from Palmer, and we absolutely loved him. I think we laughed more for him than Dane Cook. Jon Lajoie does a lot youtube videos if you would like to check out some of him work.

Saturday, we helped Becky move out of our apartment. She came here 5 months ago for an internship, and I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. We really enjoyed having her live with us for the last 3 weeks, and already feel like our apartment is more empty without her. After that we spent a lot of our day rearranging our apartment, and I got the Christmas tree up!

We are both really ready to head home and see our families this weekend! I love Thanksgiving, and I cannot wait to share it with everyone I care about the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment