Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Great Long Weekend

Nate and I just made it back to the QC, about an hour ago, and I thought this would be a great chance to blog about our Thanksgiving. We had a lot of fun being able to spend time with both families and friends.

When we got home on Wednesday we headed to the bowling alley to help celebrate Nate's cousin Jermey's Birthday. It was only my second time in the bowling alley, and I have to say I loved it. It has the great small town atmosphere. It was great to see everyone and have some time to catch up. We also made it out the Five Mile House, which was nice because I was able to meet up with a few highschool friends as well. As hard as it is we always like try and get as much time to see both family and friends while we are home. The weekends there just go way to fast.

On Thursday we had lunch at Nate's Aunt Shelley's house. The food was GREAT, and afterwards we stuck around to play a game with his cousins. After that we headed to my house for the evening to see my Mom, Dad, Sister Lisa, her husband Jake, and my little brother Andrew. We had a fun time playing card games with them.

Friday Nate headed back to his house to help out with Christmas lights while I headed to town to visit my Grandma. She has been wanting me to stop by since Nate and I got engaged to pick out what quilt Nate and I would like for our wedding. My Grandma has cross-stiched a quilt for every grand child when we were born, and a large one when we get married. Grandma sure did give Lisa and I some laughs as she made Andrew go up and down the stairs to bring down about 15 different quilts, and had Lisa and I put them all on the bed so I could see how they would look on a bed. I found that I really like, and I cannot wait to recieve it!

That night we had game night at Nate's families house. It started out with the boys playing poker so Christina and I played Yahtzee for while. Nate's nephew Jase had a great time rolling the dice and telling us how many points he got as well. We had a good night of games and lots of laughing.

Saturday was Thanksgiving at my house. My brother Steven, his wife Amber, and two kids Meagen and Zander came home. We spent most of the day playing games yesterday too. Meagen just cracks me up. She is three years old now and I cannot believe how much she knows. Zander is now walking and getting into trouble himself.

We had a great Thanksgiving, and we are very thankful for all of the great family and friends that we have. Now on to Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment