Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Love n Stuff

In the effort to try and keep up on blogs I must say I am failing. I do honeslty have to say I feel like it is only because Nate and I really have nothing too interesting going on right now. He has school and I go to work, but when I really do stop and think about it the last week has been pretty eventful.

Nate finally has enough hours to have his B.S.! I am so proud/happy for him, I know that he has been waiting to say that for awhile. Also, Nate is finally getting patients at Palmer's clinic. For a couple months now he has spent time in there just waiting and waiting....... but finally it has picked up pace. Which is also great because most students do a clinic abroad to get their numbers to graduate. We could not afford for Nate to do that, so we are just really counting on him logging in a lot of hours at the clinic, as well as all of our friends up here to help pull us through! I do have to say I feel pretty guilty about the clinic abroad trip, with him not being able to go. Sometimes I feel like if he didn't have me (and the wedding) he might have been able to afford it, or that if I worked harder or more he could have gone. He reassures me that it doesn't matter to him, but still I worry.

Since this weekend was Valentine's Day, we did go out to eat at our favorite Japenses Steak house in Davenport. We talked about where we think we will be next Valentine's Day, and we still have no idea. I am starting to get a little worried, and would like to get it all figured out and planned, but then again right now it is also alot of fun to dream about where we will be. After that we rented movies and just lounged around. It was perfect--and the next day I even got Coldstone!!! I almost had forgotten how much I LOVE Coldstone.

We didn't really get each other much this year as well. And it's funny because the stuff we do get for gifts lately is just things we need. He did bring me beautiful flowers, and I got him cholcolates with a card. Then I also cut up a bunch of hearts, wrote different reasons why I love him, and hid them throughout our room. It was funny watching him run around the room trying to find them all at once. I had thought that he would just find them one at a time, and read them as he got them. Sure enough though, as soon as he saw one he was busy running around telling me where he thought all the good places to hide them would be. It was neat to see that we both thought of the same hiding spots as being the best. I did keep one hidden until yesterday though, so I think I did a pretty good job.

With Ash Wednesday being tommorow, I have began to think about what I could give up this Lent. I don't drink pop or eat much candy, and I have given those things up before. I have decided that this year instead I am going to write down something I am thankful everyday. I think this will be fun, and will get kind of challenging. In the end I hope I will just be overwhelmed with everything I have to be thankful for.

Well, that is about all I have for now. Nate and I have our couples retreat this weekend Saturday and Sunday, so I am sure I will have lots to share after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment