Monday, February 22, 2010

Marriage Preparation Weekend

This past weekend Nate and I had marriage preparation classes with a church here in Davenport. The classes were all day Saturday and from 9 till 3 Sunday. What a long weekend! Nate and I were surprised to see how many couples were at the retreat. There were 160 some people there! It was packed!

I think for Nate and I the most useful information the whole weekend was about finances and budgeting along with career. We have already talked all of our options over, but there is always more discussions to be had. It was useful to see how many saving now while we are young will really benefit our family in the future.

It was funny because all the stuff they wanted us to talk over Nate and I have already covered on our own. There were even some couples that would be out in the hallway fighting during discussion time. We couldn't believe this as We have talked in depth about all of these subjects before, so it was really just a little refresher. I guess I kind of feel like we can plan all we want, but really who knows what will happen until we are faced with these situations. All we can do is trust in our love and put our faith in God when faced with hardships.

All in all it was a good weekend, and we are both happy to be one step closer to marriage. It is almost only 4 months away, and I am getting more anxious everyday. I really cannot wait for our wedding day to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment