Friday, October 7, 2011

wilson's orchard


Last Saturday we took a little trip to Wilson's Apple Orchard outside of town.
They had hundreds of different kinds of apple trees. 
All of the tress were dwarf varieties so that people can easily pick them.


Unfortunately, the apple supply was a little low. 
They told us that the next bunch would be ready in mid October, and that if we picked them we wouldn't be to happy with what we got when we got home. 
So we spent the time hand holding walking the rows.
It was very little house on the prairie. 


Next year, I think we will go a little earlier in the season.
Some of the first apples are ready in August.


This was Nate's very first time at an apple orchard.


I was hard at work searching for all of the apples.


Our favorite part was the hay rack ride, thanks to "Bessie", out to the orchard.


I have an obsession with weeping willow trees.
I always tell Nate I want to live under one, although I would just settle for one on my property.


We ended our trip to the orchard by stopping into the little store full of goods.

Jalapeno Pepper Jelly, anyone?
I think I will pass.






We shared the most amazing apple turnover under the shade of a tree.
Ah-maz-ing.


It was a new fun way to spend our Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been apple picking but I've always wanted to.. it looks like such a fun fall saturday :)

    ReplyDelete