Tuesday, October 4, 2011

campfires and beaches

  The weekend before last my brother and the kids headed to a campsite about 15 minutes from where Nate and I live. 

Steve recently purchased a camper and we were excited to get to see it. And the kids were equally excited to show me around.



Shortly after we arrived to the campsite it began to pour. Normally Cooper will run inside to escape the rain, but he was having such a good time at the campsite he wouldn't join us in the camper.



So of course Mama had to warm him back up afterwards. Spoiled?!



We were pretty bummed with how hard it was raining, but all of that rain eventually stopped and out came the most beautiful rainbow I have seen in quite a while. 



The campground was gorgeous, definitely a lot different than the ones back home. I was blown away by the beauty. 

We even made a special little trip to the beach.


And practiced writing our names in the sand.


Monkey see monkey do. Zander grabbed a stick and started drawing in the sand.


I am sure this little family will make some of the best memories camping. 


Now, I am just bummed the campgrounds are all closing down for the winter. 

Come on Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment