Saturday, December 17, 2011

he made us do it...

This Christmas has proved to me that Nate and I lack patience. For the first time, since our first Christmas together, we bought presents for each other. Saving up for school and our wedding took precedence in the years following that first year.

We have already opened two of our presents this year.

The first unwrapping was rationalized by beer. We are holding my families' Christmas at our house this year on New Year's Eve, and Nate has been dying to brew his own beer. So after a few hours researching my boys felt ready to brew their own beer, and I let Nate open the 5 gallon pot I had gotten for him to begin.


Then before I knew it my kitchen became barely visible under the mess and my house smelt terrible. Nate will never again be allowed to brew while I am home. I thought I was going to have a panic attack just looking at the state of distress my kitchen was in. I am sure I will soon forget all about that when we enjoy his beer on New Year's Eve.

The next present Cooper pretty much forced us to open. Cooper had gotten both Nate and I a present and we got one for him. Last Sunday night I was talking to my sister when I heard a scratching noise from under our tree. There was Coop scratching away at his present, trying to dig and bite away at the paper. It must of smelt like the pet store and boy did he want to know what was inside.


So, you see we had to let him open it. And how fair would it be for Coop to open his present from us and leave us out on all of the fun? So we all took turns opening our gifts. Cooper got me new socks and a shirt, and for his papa a new pair of Hawkeye slippers with an apology for having an accident once when he was really sick in his old pair.



And from us Cooper got a new bachelor pad. He has had the same small kennel since we fist got him and it was time for an upgrade. He seems to be comfortably enjoying his new space in our absence.


Now, to make it until Christmas without opening another. I make no promises.

1 comment: