Wednesday, December 21, 2011

opps he did it again & my awesome responses

My husband has pulled off his second surprise for me. This is actually quite amazing as I usually can figure things out or have a way of guessing what is coming.

This first was his proposal. To which my response when I saw him on one knee was, "SHUT UP!".

The second was this past Thursday night. I was on the phone with a good friend and I had just gotten home and let Cooper outside. I rounded the corner to head upstairs and the next words that left my mouth were, "HOLY SHIT!".
(Not my finest moment. Trust me I am one of those people who cringes when people cuss, but he really surprised me, which called for yet another one of my awesome responses.)

There sat a dining room table with a wonderful Christmas note from my husband. No, this wasn't just any table it was my dining room table. I have been telling Nate how much I want a table since we started living together three years ago. We had been dining at a two person table my Dad built since we first moved in together, and then after that at our kitchen bar in the new house. I always felt embarrassed having friends and family over to eat and not having a proper place to sit.


My family always sat at a table to eat supper and I want it to be the same for my family. I have often told Nate this, along with the fact that I refuse to start a family until we have a dining room table. Which he so kindly reminded of the night I found the table. Does this mean we are ready to start a family? Who knows, but I finally feel like our home is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment