Friday, May 14, 2010

Passing Time...

I have to start out by saying that the name of this blog is a little deceiving. I have plenty to do (like planning a wedding :) ), but the past two weeks Nate has been busy with board review, so Cooper and I have had some extra time on our hands. Usually Nate and I spend time talking about our days and taking Cooper with a walk. Unfortunately with the rain this week we have been stuck inside, so I decided to work on a project that I have been wanting to complete for awhile.

Before I get into my project, I want to say Good Luck today Nate! He has part IV boards all day today and tomorrow. I know he has been nervous leading up to today, but I can honestly say he was looking very confident this morning. We cannot wait to celebrate him being finished this weekend by going to a River Bandits game (one of our favorite things to do together) this Sunday. Also, on Sundays they have bring your dog to the park day, so Coop may get to experience his first game!

Another side note, I am happy the say the invites are out! I am very happy with the way they turned out, and I hope you all enjoy them as well. After I finished the invites I decided I wanted to somehow use them as a decoration, so I came us with this idea.

I simply added a few of our engagement photos to this tray along with the invites. And now I have somewhere to organize things on my coffee table. Which, if you know me, is key. I love it when everything has a place.

On to what I have been up to this week. I have been wanting a new pillow to spice up our couch a little bit. So I attempted to make my own, also helping me save a ton of money. I started with just a plain $6 pillow from Hobby Lobby.I used a hot glue gun to twist together the flowers. The flowers are made from scraps of clothing that I had been planning to take to Goodwill but now they found a place on my couch.
Here is the finished product!

Also, I have a picture of Cooper enjoying the new pillow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment