Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Meagen


I was so excited to have Meagen as my flower girl. For those of you who don't know Meagen is my niece and also my God Daughter. She has been so excited since I first asked her to be my flower girl. She loved her dress and getting her hair done. She also help us decorate, and even tested out some of the candy for the rest of the kids (a very important job)!

I wanted to share a quick story about the morning of my wedding. When I woke up I went down stairs, shortly after Meagen woke up and came downstairs as well. She headed right over to the couch to cuddle with me. Since it was my birthday she told me happy birthday and informed me that she needed to get to the store to get me a mermaid toy for my birthday. As she was cuddled up nice and tight to me I said, "You know Meagen, after the wedding today Nate is going to be your Uncle?!"

She grabbed on to me even tighter and said, "Thank you Julie, Thank you!"

It was the most adorable thing. Like I had given her a gift. It feels great to know how much she loves having Nate around. My wish was that she would feel special on our wedding day, and I hope she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment