Friday, September 3, 2010

Build, Bake, Play, Eat, & as always Enjoy!

Yesterday was Nate and my 2 months wedding anniversary(and you all thought he got off easy by marrying me on my birthday)! Time has just flown by since the wedding. While we know it may be a bit strange to celebrate your 2 month wedding anniversary, we have been traveling home so much since the wedding that we both were really excited to have night to spend together without having to worry about packing for the trip and so forth.

So what does a couple do for their 2 month anniversary? Well, I have no idea what a "normal" couple might want to do, but I wanted to build a tent and eat in it. Block out the t.v. and any other background noise that occurs during our tipical meals. Just the two of us secluded in our own little world.

First step, build the tent. I thought this would be a piece of cake. Turns out, we both had different ideas for building the tent. It turned out to be a communication in marriage 101 class for us.
Next step, indulge yourself with a glass of wine. Easy enough.
Third, get comfy. Our house special for the night was a homemade heart-shaped pizza. My idea of course.

Play with your loveable furball while the pizza bakes!
Take the pizza out of the oven and slice up to enjoy! I do not have a picture from the last step because I was to busy enjoying. We took the pizza to the tent and ate away. I know this may seem a bit silly to most people, but it was just the date night I was looking for. I have to thank my husband for going along with all of my "unique" date night ideas. I would love it if you would share some of your favorite ways to spend date night with your loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment