Saturday, September 4, 2010

To my beloved Hawkeyes

What a beautiful couple of days this week. The weather has been reminding me of everything fall-like. As much as I cherish the summer months, there is a a lot I appreciate about fall. One of those being the Iowa Hawkeyes!
Nate has always loved the Hawkeyes. When I was asking him about it he told me about how devastated he was many years ago when he got paint on one of his Hawkeye sweatshirts. My love for the Hawks started much later in life. The house I grew up in considered WWE or WWF a sport. Let's just say sports were not and are still not existant at my parents house. Which is why it has taken me so long to get used to Nate's preference in t.v. channels. Oh how ESPN can bore the heck out of this girl.
My senior year in highschool I had narrowed my choices down to Iowa or UNI. I applied to both and got accepted. Now how was I going to choose between them, never having visited either? One weekend I made the trip to Iowa City with a friend. I fell in love.
I have always considered myself fairly independent, and I was thrilled to be going somewhere new. Somewhere no one else from my small town was going. It was my freshman year orientation that I had the realization of what was about to happen. Was I was really about to move over three hours from home, would not have a single friend, and no idea where to find anything?
I am confident looking back now that it was the right descision for me. My dorm roommate ended up being one of my closest and dearest friends, along with a couple of other girls on my floor.
I met Nate on my very first day there. Infact within the first hour. He helped me move into my dorm. I believe that was fate.
I met so many amazing people through class and work that I will never forget and I hold dear to my heart.
I absolutely loved living in Iowa City. So although my love for the Hawkeyes didn't start as young as Nate's, I am glad to say I am a Hawkeye.
Cooper loves being a Hawkeye too!

No comments:

Post a Comment