Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Cooper-less Camper

I know I have mentioned how much I love my furry little pup before, but I just cannot help but share another story about how much he means to me. Do not get me wrong there are many moments I catch myself thinking, "What we were we thinking getting a puppy?". For example, when he chews on something or everything other then a toy or bone, or when he wakes me up early on my days off to go potty, or when he embarrasses me by barking like a crazy dog at a big dog on our walks. I will not forget to mention that when he is naughty he never looks ashamed he only walks away all smug. That pup has me exactly were he wants me!

It is true what they say though, "Dogs are what unconditional love is all about." His good moments completely outweigh the naughty ones. He knows when I am not feeling my best, and will snuggle up and make things better.

This last weekend our small family headed home for a wedding. On the way we came across some campers for sale. I started telling Nate how I could not wait for when we were older and could travel in a camper. Then just like that, it hit me. No Cooper. By the time we can ever afford a camper or to take time off to travel the odds are that Cooper will no longer be with us. We always joke that he will live forever, but we know this is not possible.

As my eyes filled with tears (yes a bit emotional), all I could do was just stare down at him sleeping peacefully on our long drive. I want to keep that moment with me forever, along with him. If only....

No comments:

Post a Comment