Wednesday, June 27, 2012

camping at 21 weeks


I cannot decide if it was more exhausting for me or Cooper. Probably Cooper. Acting tough to every other dog that walks past your campsite is, after all, a full time job. 

This past weekend we met up with my brother and his kids for a fun-filled weekend of camping. Nate, Coop and I didn't get to the campsite until a little later on Friday, so that evening was pretty low key.

Nate, Coop and I started our Saturday morning off with a 5:30 am walk around the campsite. This left us with a pretty wet doggy.


 I knew going into this that sleeping wasn't going to be the best, and I was right. I told Nate that this will probably be the only overnight camping trip for me and the baby this year. Between the heartburn and constant flip-flopping on the air mattress, sleep was just not in the cards. 

Cooper on the other hand had no trouble getting some shuteye whenever the opportunity presented itself (as long as he was in the camper with no signs of intruders).


Saturday was a pretty nice day despite the cloudiness, but we still headed to the beach with the kids. They had a great time splashing around. Meagen was also happy to report that no fish touched her. We were even lucky enough to have my brother, Andrew, and cousin, Travis, join us.


We spent the rest of the day just hanging out. Meagen let me read her diary, we grilled supper and roasted marshmellows for s'mores.


And the guard dog even got in another nap.


We had a great weekend camping with our family.

Just a quick cute story. When we first arrived on Friday we had been hanging out for about 10 minutes or so when Zander ran over to me, tapped me on the belly and asked, "umm...is your baby still in your belly?".

I smiled and said yes. 

I received lots of welcomed belly kisses from both kids this weekend. I love seeing them get excited for their new baby cousin.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Thanks for sharing your pictures. I'm pretty proud and quite impressed with you. I have had no desire to go camping this year. I miss it but not enough to actually go do it. Maybe next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super impressed you went camping with your baby already! What a good mama! :) Ever since we found out Hudson was on the way we've had grand intentions to go camping but never have.
    Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete