Monday, June 18, 2012

weekend fun

Once Friday rolled around last week I was itching to get out of town. Why? To see this little dolly play t-ball.


She did such a good job. She caught the very first hit and tossed it to first. She started on second base, and would talk to all the kids when they got there. 


Her interest in the game lasted for about 20 minutes, and then before we knew it she was drawing in the dirt and dancing around in outfield. 


What a fun age though. Each team gets to leaving winning, and each kids gets to run all of the bases.


Before the game we hung out at my brother's house. Mom and Dad made it down to surprise her. Meagen showed off with some pretty impressive hula-hooping skills.


She can definitely last longer than me right now.


Good luck kisses from her cousin, Coop. 


On Saturday Mom, Dad, Steve and the kids came down to North Liberty. Nate had a great park picked out for the kids, so as soon as they got here we loaded up the car and took off.


The kids loved it, and even some of the adults.


Zander showed Grandpa the ropes.


After the park, and a delicious lunch from Mom and Dad, we came back to our house. The adults played cards, and the kids drew on some large pieces of paper I had saved for them.



And Cooper was exhausted from all of the excitement. 


After the family left, Nate and I spent Sunday relaxing, playing yahtzee and I made Nate his favorite, scotcharoos, for Father's Day. He is such a good "dad" to Cooper, and I know he is going to be amazing to our little babe.


I hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love the T-ball pics. I can't wait for Rachel to be that age (okay, so I don't want it to come too quickly) but still...that's what I think of when I think of summer. I'm so glad that you're feeling well enough again to enjoy these special family times!

    ReplyDelete