Wednesday, February 13, 2013

dreamland


Sleeping baby Minden is sweet and peaceful. Those beautiful full eyelashes pressed together, her little snores and sighs, all cuddled up next to me. What is there not to love about watching a baby sleep?

About two weeks ago now, I decided it was time to move Minden to her room and crib. Up until now she has slept in the bed with us, along with her brother Cooper (who thankfully is only six pounds). It has been wonderful for those nighttime feedings. And oh the snuggles are sooooo sweet.

I reached a point when I just knew we needed to move her to her crib. I felt like Minden could sleep longer if she was in her own space. She is a bit of a restless sleeper so she was also keeping me awake during the night. On a couple occasions she would also get woken up by Cooper licking the back of her head. Not the time to show your love little dog. Not the time.

So I put on a brave mommy face and made the leap. The first two nights I slept on the floor next to her crib. She did great. I was up about every hour to check on her and was left with a stiff back, but she did great. Since then every night she has been doing better. I am even able to nurse her and lay her down somewhat awake. She even did two nights in a row without waking up. Amazing. The crib seems to be a success, thus far.

I missed her in bed with us those first few nights. I missed her snuggles and her sounds, but she is growing and I am so proud of how well she handled the change. Luckily it seems like she handles change much better then her momma.

We did what worked for us, and I am glad we did. None of this nonsense of other people deciding what is right for my baby and I. Everyone is different. Every child is different. This is simply what worked for us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that this new arrangement is working out so well for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete