Monday, February 4, 2013

sleepless


The last few nights have been hard for a number of reasons. Friday night Coop and I had it out. Nate was gone to a wrestling match, and when he leaves Coop turns into quite the protector. He barked, growled and barked again. After he woke Minden up a few times I decided he needed some kennel time. Which resulted in two more hours of panic barking, and me receiving the cold shoulder from him the next morning.
Also, I have decided to start transitioning Minden to her crib. I don't mind her in bed with us the least bit (so much easier for nighttime feedings), but she is a restless sleeper and it was starting to affect my quality of sleep.

Well, I couldn't just leave her in her crib in a room by herself, so I have been sleeping on the floor next to the crib the last two nights. I know, I know she will be fine and I will too. I just need a little time.

Unfortunately, this all comes at the same time as a congested nose for little lady. Seeing your baby sick is heartbreaking. I feel so helpless, and I just wish it was me instead of her. Every time I laid her down she just began coughing (Do you hear that? The sound of my heart breaking). Finally, the swing helped sooth her to sleep and eased up the coughing. 

I am hoping for a much better night of sleep for her tonight (and myself). Hopefully this yucky nose illness sees itself out of my house soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment