Monday, April 15, 2013

finding her voice


Minden has been in a little bit of a "mood" the last few days, and because life isn't all flowers and sweet drooly smiles I wanted to write it down.

+ Fussy anytime I lay her down on her back. This usually only lasts a few seconds until I can distract her with a toy (or her feet).
+ A sudden and extreme dislike for diaper changes. I have checked and there are no rashes, but she just screams the entire diaper change until I pick her up.
+ Refusing to be rocked into nap time. Usually she would let me rock and hum her to sleep. Well no more, Mom! We make laps around the house until she calms down enough for me to nurse her to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started typing this when Minden was down for her first nap today, but she woke up and we went about our day until it came time for the second nap of the day. She screamed and cried real tears. I knew she was tired..it was in her eyes, but she refused to let herself drift off. Why is this?

Finally after 90 minutes of walking, trying to nurse, singing and just about every trick I have up my sleep she nursed herself to sleep. The trick? It couldn't be in the chair that I nurse her to sleep at night in. I don't know if that was it, but it was worth a try to nurse her somewhere else, and  by golly it worked.

The point of all of this is, that motherhood is tough. I am constantly wondering if what I am doing is right. Am I holding her too much or not enough? Should I make her do tummy time longer even though she's unhappy? Is she ready for food?

However tough it is, I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. So please, share your tough mommy moments with me right now. I need them! Mom's unite! :)



3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'm so with you. I constantly wonder I'm doing ANYTHING right with the kids... :/ Am I disciplining Hudson too much/not enough/does he really get it? Am I holding Dell too much/ not enough as I chase around brother? Should I have her more on a schedule? Feed Hudson better/different food?
    I'm so there.
    Praying they make it to 18 without too many scars from my childrearing... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend once told me that she had never prayed so hard until she had kids. I completely understand why now.

      Delete
    2. No kidding.
      Minden is adorable, by the way. :)

      Delete