Saturday, April 13, 2013

sweet potato


Today Minden tried her first food. Up until now she has been exclusively breastfed, and my chunky little baby has been putting on the pounds like a champ.So, we were just waiting for some signs that she was ready and interested in food.

1. Teeth (to make sure the digestive enzymes to break down food were present)
2. Able to sit up and lean in when offered food (prevent choking and show us when she's done or wants more)
3. An interest in food

The teeth came in, her sitting skills were becoming stronger by the day, and boy had she started to show interest. Last night at dinner she was completely zoned out watching us eat. The day before that I was out to eat with a friend when a fussy Minden made her way into my lap. She pulled on my plate and grabbed the lemon off of my water before the meal was done.

We only offered her a tablespoon today. She ate it like a champ and tried to grab the spoon and bowl from me. With only a few bites left she turned her head away when offered.

It was just as adorable and exciting as I pictured it to be.

1 comment: