Tuesday, April 9, 2013

minden's 1/2 birthday


Yesterday we celebrated Minden's first 1/2 birthday. I know what your thinking, "Already?! Can't be." But it was.


The evening before we blew up balloons (one of her current favorites) and I delicately hung streamers on the fireplace. The whole time I imagined her face when she saw it. And no matter how great I imagine it to play out in my head; it's always better in real time with her in my arms.


A part of me just wants to push pause. She growing and changing so fast. I try not to think to far ahead of myself. Now is the time to sit back and take it all in. All of our blessings. Because despite the occasional "bad day" we are truly blessed. She is proof of that.


While I was pregnant I used to imagine a dark-haired/brown eyed baby girl. Boy was I off, but I am constantly saying to Nate that we couldn't have made her more beautiful if we had hand picked her features ourselves. And it's true. I am constantly in awe of her beauty. 


This weekend I found her first two beauty marks. One on her right leg, and the other on her left hand by her thumb. I could spend days taking in the beauty of this little girl.


Yes, we truly are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment