Tuesday, May 22, 2012

the gender question

Boy or girl?

We do not know, and we are not planning on finding out either. That is if I am strong enough to make it through the 20 week ultrasound without caving. Which I think I can do.

It's been interesting to me on how many people have input on this issue. Well, really on every issue related to pregnancy. Especially now that I have begun to show. People like to say what they did and why it was better that way, and offer unsolicited advice.

Don't poke the pregnant lady people! Her body - her choice. Right?Amen.

Anyways, I will save the post about our health choices for another day. I do want to share our plans for our baby and the birth. I would love it if the hubby would do a post on chiropractic during pregnancy one of these days. He has been life saver for me, and he has some very valuable information to share with anyone willing to listen.

Enough small talk. Let's get back to this baby's gender. It came up in conversation while Nate and I were still dating. I remember we were in the car and asked him if he would want to find out. His response, "yes". I told him that I wouldn't want to know. There are very few real surprises in life, and I wanted to experience this one.

Well, then I got pregnant and I felt like I should know. However in this one 2 minute conversation from years ago I had somehow swayed his opinion. Which is great, because now he can help keep me strong.

I keep reminding myself that I have gone my entire life without knowing the sex of my future children, so I should be able to wait a little longer. Although I love to plan, plan, plan. I am going to try and go with the flow here, buy a bunch of gender neutral stuff and quit stressing over what it would would wear home from the hospital. Everything will fall into place.

I am interested to know what you think baby L will be. Go ahead and vote up in the top left hand corner. I am not able to tell who vote for what, but if you would like to tell me what you think baby L will be and why I would love to hear it.



No comments:

Post a Comment