Thursday, May 26, 2011

a day at the beach

Mama Kat's Writer Workshop
Photo Story: Share photos of your most recent trip to the beach

Living in Iowa we don't really make it to a beach often. The bodies of water tend to look more like this...


In a way it's pretty, but it's not crystal clear water with bright colored fish. 

Option number two for a beach experience near my home...


This time there is sand, and I suppose I could make it work. Although hanging out in a swimsuit on a beach towel while my niece and nephew play may have looked strange.

So, I suppose last time I was at the beach would be our honeymoon. Almost a year ago.


And it was glorious...

And romantic...


and relaxing...

We had an amazing time.


Hopefully we can go back soon. Because this Iowa girl loves herself some sand, ocean, sun and a nice cold drink in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment