Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Springfest!



As I mentioned the other day, I take public transmit to work (aka the bus). I will have you know that I am probably the least cool person on this bus. Sad but oh-so-true.
My proof is that I am the only person on my bus who does not listen to music on their phone or iPod, read from their nook or kindle or even just a good old hard copy of a book. The truth is reading makes me motion sick and I just simply cannot justify paying for music (consequently making me wish I never let Nate talk me into throwing out my Walkman). Nate has the cool phone in our family, so therefore I simply sit and think of ways to occupy my mind.
That is until a conversation starts up next to me. I am ready to fully admit I am an eavesdropper.  I like to hear what is going on in the lives of the people. Just one simple conversation and my mind begins to wonder. Where are they from? Are they a student? Do they work at the University? Ect…
I bring this up today because I recently overheard a conversation about Springfest. A young gentleman was explaining to another young gentleman that every year, since sometime in high school, he and a group of friends started celebrating Springfest. A celebration in which you go to a park, grill and play all kinds of fun games all in honor of the Spring Gods. He bragged that one year they had over 200 people attend.
Sadly they were no longer going to have the celebration that he had driven back for every year since he graduated. Instead everyone was left on their own to celebrate this joyous event (I don’t make this stuff up).
Now, two Fridays have passed since this young mans scheduled Springfest with a couple close friends. I am starting to feel like maybe the Spring Gods are not all that happy with the celebration being cancelled. Personally I think we could use a little warmer weather, so I bring this to you. Please get together with some loved ones and friends and celebrate the greatness of spring. I am really hoping we can inspire a much more Spring-like weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment