Thursday, August 16, 2012

29 weeks


Sweetie,

I have read that I should start counting how many times you kick, but that seems impossible. You are a very active baby when you are awake. I notice your movements the most during mid-morning and the afternoon. You also love to move around whenever I lay down for bed.

Your father has started to read books to you. It is super sweet. Cooper even cuddles up next to us and listens.

Heartburn and leg cramps. Those are my two biggest pregnancy complaints currently. There are nights when I can't get any sleep between the two.

Your father is a saint and has begun to call around to some in-home daycares. Hopefully we can find the perfect one for you. Although it breaks my heart to think of the day when I will have to go back to work and leave you with someone else.  I am trying not to go there yet, but my mind just does.

In our yoga class we do something called a keep-up exercise. It is something that is uncomfortable that we do for three minutes (longer than a contraction) to help us work on staying focus and finding a way to cope with the pain. For example, we will hold our arms our for three minutes moving our arms in small circles. No breaks. I have tried numerous ways to cope: counting, visualizing and positive affirmations. However, I can only keep my mind off of it when I am making lists. So there I sit making my grocery list, a to-do list or a need to get this done at work list. I guess if it works then it works.

We are really enjoying getting ready for your arrival. My list keeps growing, but that's okay. It also helps pass time until you get here.

Keep growing.

Love,
Momma




1 comment: