Sunday, August 12, 2012

a quick trip home

Yet another crazy summer weekend is coming to a close. This weekend we hit the road to celebrate the fourth birthday of our niece Taryn.


The party was complete with a homemade barbie cake and ice cream, great food and few outfits changes for the birthday girl. What better time to show off all of your dress-up clothes?


Taryn is such a little sweetheart. Definitely a girly-girl, which I love. When we were sitting there she looked up at me and asked, "why is your belly getting big?". You have to love a child's curiosity and honesty. 

On Saturday morning we headed to the hospital to see my best friend Megan's baby girl Zoey. Little Miss Zoey was so sweet and precious, complete with little baby sneezes that melted our hearts. Seriously, we were talking about how cute they were on the car ride home.

They were so certain they were having a boy, but I had a feeling she was having a girl. I am excited for our little lady to get here. I just know they will make great friends like their mommas.


Then it was time to head back home. My family was moving Andrew's stuff up for college this weekend. So we jumped in the car with my mom and hit the road again.

I was in a hurry to get back to Cooper. We had decided to leave him here over the weekend, and Andrew was nice enough to come spend the night with him (thank you, Andrew!).

Although we spent a lot of time on the road it was worth it to see family (including every single one of our nieces and nephews) and getting to meet Zoey.

We are currently enjoying a very relaxing Sunday. What a perfect little weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment