Thursday, June 16, 2011

anything you can do...


A little friendly competition in a marriage is healthy, right? In our marriage the competition tends to be more one sided. Nate, being more athletic oriented than I, is the more competitive half. So it comes to no surprise to me that Nate usually wins everything. He just simply cares more about winning.

Last Saturday, after we finished working on the dressers, we sat down to roast a few s'mores. It was clear from the get-go that we have different methods of roasting marshmallows.

I take my time turning the marshmallow slow and steady at the right distance from the fire to get a perfectly toasted marshmallow. A nice golden marshmallow with a gooey inside. Yum!

Nate, attempts this method for...oh about a minute. He quickly runs out of patience and proceeds to shove the marshmallow into the fire, blow the fire out and enjoy.

This is were it all started. He tried to tell me that his roasting skills were better than mine. What?! Is the man crazy? Challenge accepted.

It was clear, after Nate enjoyed the first of my perfectly roasted marshmallows, that I was the winner. This truly made me happy. I happen to think my hubs is a pretty amazing man, but it was nice for once to feel like I could do something better than him.

No comments:

Post a Comment