Thursday, June 2, 2011

say cheese!

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop
What are you passionate about?


 
Once upon a time, many years ago now, I believed that someday I would be a photographer. So I set out one day with a cheap film camera and snapped a couple rolls of film of the clouds. I remember it clearly. I just laid on our trampoline and snapped away. 

A few days later my mom had the film developed. Let's just say that she was less than impressed at my artistic take on the clouds. I became discouraged and moved onto my next dream, which at the time was probably to marry Justin Timberlake or J.C. Chazez because NSYNC was just all that, and I was sure they would somehow find me on my farm...in Iowa...in the middle of nowhere.

That was until recently. Although I am not a professional photographer, I have found my love for taking pictures again. I love capturing those special moments. 

My little brother kindly let me take his senior photos.




Some friends let me take their engagement pictures...







And pictures of our niece and a friend's sweet little twin girls...



Then there is my little pup, Cooper...


Who I am sure feels like this about my camera...


I am just beginning to tap into the world of photography, and I have a lot left to learn. However, doing something that you enjoy makes it much more fun to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment