Tuesday, June 14, 2011

shaggy coop...

The hubs has been bugging me for a couple weeks now about giving our little fur child a buzz cut. We did this last summer and it worked great for Coop. He just gets so stinkin' hot this time of the year.

I have been putting it off because he is so soft and cuddly with his hair a little long. Let's face it, when I buzz his hair half of my 5 lb dog disappears. My mother was clear to let me know last summer that she is/was not a fan of the buzz cut. So I was trying to hold off as long as I could when...I found a tick in his hair.

Yuck! Disgusting. Cooper's very first tick, and I just about passed out trying to get awful creature off my baby. It seems we not only brought our dog home from the weekend at my brother's, but also an unwanted guest. The tick is taken care of, but I now have two conclusions.

1. We need to remember to give him garlic more regularly; as garlic is a natural repellent for fleas and ticks.
2. Baby boy is getting a hair cut.

That is how Cooper went from this...
 To this...
 And boy does a hair cut make for one tired pup...

A few touch ups need to be made to Coop's 'do', as puppy-dog had decided towards the end he would just lay down and admit defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment