Thursday, June 30, 2011

oh no you didn't!

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop
Describe a memorable first date.

A little while back I wrote about how Nate and I met. If you happened to read that then you know we were "just friends" for a little while until finally realized what even my best friends already knew, that he was actually kind of perfect for me.

In the spirit of our first anniversary, I decided it would be fun to write about our first date. Well one of our first dates. You see, when you are "just friends" you will have many "dates" making hard to clarify exactly what was our VERY first date. So I am going to write about the first time Nate took me to the movies.

We bet on a game of darts, and I can't seem to remember what his stipulation was. Mine however, was that he would take me to see Ice Age 2. Some how I pulled out a win!

I didn't get too fancy because we were just friends. I wore a t-shit and some gym shorts. Nate picked me up from my dorm and drove me to the theatre.

As we were walking to find our seats you will never guess what my hubby decided to do. HE DE PANTS ME! In front of these poor little children who did nothing to deserve that. Nate claims it was too dark and that there wasn't that many people in there, but boy was I embarrassed.

After the embarrassment and anger started to fade I realized I still liked the kid. Even after he humiliated me. Now-a-days if he tried that crap... well let's just say I wouldn't be as patient or laugh it off like I did the first time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh holy cow!!!!! He is soooooo lucky to have such a wonderful gal like you, even after that.
    And P.S. Do you ever wonder if maybe he let you win...who could resist a movie date with you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's things like that, that make life interesting and full of memorable stories. Okay, embarrassing as all get out! I'm stopping by from Mama Kat's. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete